Monday, August 28, 2006

Much Ado about Nothing

So, I'm sitting at my desk at work and the guy next door comes over to tell me, "the DA has dropped all charges against Karr". My first thought was, "who does Karr play for?". I then realized he was talking about the Ramsay murder case.

I admit I hadn't followed it very much, and frankly I don't think it is news. I will grant you the murder of a 6-year old girl is a terrible tragedy. If you will concede that the fact that we have 6-year old beauty queens is, at best, unfortunate, I will not speculate on how that may have contributed to the events that transpired.

How many crimes (murder, abuse, neglect) have been perpetrated against little girls (and boys) in this country, since Jon-Benet Ramsay was murdered? That, my friends, is the real tragedy, and that should be the real story....