Saturday, September 16, 2006

I Love Cigars

I don't smoke, not really. I'm asthmatic and though my asthma is pretty well under control all I need to do is smoke a single cigar and I suffer throughout most of the next day.

Having said that, I love a really good cigar. The other night, we had an excellent dinner and after cleanup I was sitting out on my porch and had a terrible craving for a nice cigar.

I didn't have any on hand and was too lazy to actually go out and buy one. I thought, "wouldn't it be nice if I used that humidor I received as a gift a few years back and had it stocked with a fine selection of stoagies?"

I'm not sure. Right now, I have a cigar maybe once every couple months. As I said, they are really bad for me but every once in a while they just plain hit the spot, dammit!

Pete, what should I do?

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Pete Lyons said...

Do you inhale? I never do. I think the plan of smoking outside in order to reduce second hand smoke, sounds like a good idea. Man, I don't know.

As for stocking a humidor, I don't do a great job of it. Every few months I head up to Castros or Smokin' Joes and buy a 5 or 6 cigars. I probably smoke on average one or two a month, so they last a while. Although, now that tailgating is upon us, I expect the consumption rate will go up.

I guess if you can only smoke one a month I would make it a good one. Have you tried an Ashton Sun Grown or a Padron 1964 Anniversary. They cost about 15 bucks a pop but they are very tasty. Also given that the cigar shops humidor is a lot better than yours, I think buying them fresh rather than buying a lot and storing them makes more sense.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Kudla said...

Sage advice Pete. Next time you are heading over to Castro's give me a jingle. We can have a couple Downtown Brown's at Martha's and enjoy a good cigar. Do you have my number?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home