Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pay Phone Search

So yesterday, I rushed out the door to work, leaving my cell phone sitting on the counter.

At the end of the day, I found myself in my car, on the road, needing to make a phone call.
I was supposed to meet my kids for dinner and we hadn't solidified plans.

We had tentatively talked about meeting at the 99 (a favorite dining spot for the Kudla Klan).

No problem, I figured. I'll just make a quick call from a pay phone.

Well, finding a pay phone is harder than one might think in this year of our Lord, 2007.
After several fruitless stops at a Rite Aid, gas stations and convenience stores, I stopped in at the restaurant figuring I would sit at the bar and see if I could bum somebody's cell phone (great plan, huh?).

Well, there was a pay phone right there in the upstairs lobby. I got change from the hostess, contacted my daughter and within the half-hour was enjoying a nice relaxing dinner with her and her brother. Believe it or not, it cost $.90 for a 1-minute call!

So the moral of the story is, don't forget your cell phone. But, if your ever stuck in North Nashua, and need to make a call, the 99 right off Exit 7 of Rt3 has a pay phone in the lobby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home