Saturday, February 17, 2007

Does anyone sing harmony any more?

So, I am sitting here listening to my Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits CD while I type this.
I just have to ask. Does anyone sing harmony any more?

It's just sweet music to the ears. My favorite is probably CSNY singing Suite Judy Blue Eyes
My second favorite is probably the same group of cats singing about the Southern Cross. (Though about 35 years prior to this performance). They didn't call CSNY a super group for nuthin' kids.

The last example I can remember is the progeny from the Mamas & Papas and the Beach Boys
(two groups who could totally sing harmony).
I can't for the life of me remember the name of that band!

The sweet sound is, to me, right up there with the Beatles and the Motown Sound of the 60's.


Who sings harmony any more?

Pete? Susan? help me out here....

3 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Susan Senator said...

Pete -
The Indigo Girls do harmony. They are no Simon and Garfunkle but worth a listen.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The progeny you're thinking of are "Wilson Phillips". Amongst contemporary bands, I like the harmonies of Guster and Barenaked Ladies.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kudla said...

Susan, I am not Pete. We have the same basic shape, but I am much more handsome.


Richard, you are right!
if Guster and BNL are the best we got today, then we are in a world of trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home