Monday, July 05, 2010

I just don't get it

Ok, it's a holiday weekend, the July 4th weekend. It's a very hot, very summer kind of day. I am inside, taking a much needed break from the heat and the sun. My little one has just drifted off for a nap.

I get Lord knows how many channels on my cable box. I just flipped through them all. There is not a single baseball game being broadcast.

On a Holiday in July, in the United States of America, in the middle of the afternoon.


How is that even possible?

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I spent Sunday afternoon sitting in the sun by the pool at my hotel in Brasilia, listening to the Yankee game streaming from mlb.com to my Android phone. It was a retro-style holiday for me in a way, reminiscent of the days when I would have taken my transistor radio with me to a pool party or to the beach for the 4th. Bandwidth down here isn't consistently good enough to get the video streams, and yet I manage to survive ;-)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Kudla said...

Rich- I remember those transistor radio days too, with more than a modicum of fondness. It is ironic to me, that in 2010 with access to hundreds of channels, I can't find a game to watch on a holiday afternoon. When I was a kid, growing up in the 60's, I had access to 3 channels, and a weekend or holiday afternoon was pretty much the only time I would be able to watch a game on TV. After checking the MLB schedule, there was, in fact, only one game even being played this afternoon, EDT. All hail the almighty dollar, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home